According to the provisions of Clause 1, Article 2 of Decree 30/2007/ND-CP, lottery business lines are:
Lottery business means business activities based on events with random results, which are organized on the principle that a lottery business enterprise collects customers money for participation in winning prizes and pays prizes to prizewinners.
II. Principles of lottery business
According to the provisions of Article 3 of Decree 30/2007/ND-CP, amended by Clause 1, Article 1 of Decree 78/2012/ND-CP as follows:
1. Lottery business is a conditional business, subject to strict control by competent state agencies to ensure that it meets the entertainment needs of a group of people with legitimate income and ensures security, order and social safety. Only enterprises that have been granted a certificate of eligibility for lottery business by a competent state agency are allowed to organize lottery business activities.
2. Lottery business shall be conducted in a transparent, objective and honest manner, and ensure protection of the rights and interests of involved parties.
III. Conditions for doing lottery business
According to the provisions of Article 23 of Decree 30/2007/ND-CP, amended by Clause 1, Article 23 of Decree 78/2012/ND-CP as follows:
To participate in lottery business activities, businesses need a Certificate of eligibility for lottery service business. Conditions to be granted a Certificate are:
1. Lottery business enterprises are one-member limited liability companies in which the State owns 100% capital.
2. Construction lottery companies which are operating after the state company model shall carry out procedures for transformation into one-member limited liability companies in accordance with the Enterprise Law and its guiding documents
3. The organization and operation model of a lottery enterprise must comply with the model of the President, General Director (Director), and controllers, or the President cum General Director (Director) and controllers.
4. The conditions and standards of the President, General Director (Director) and controllers of the lottery enterprise must comply with the Law on Enterprise and relevant legal documents.
5. Lottery businesses are operating under the Board of Members model and continue to do so until the end of their term. The application of the operating model and management organizational structure of the enterprise in the next term shall be carried out in accordance with the provisions of this Decree.
According to the provisions of Clause 1, Article 39 of Circular 75/2013/TT-BTC, the application for a certificate of eligibility for lottery business includes:
1. Dossier applying for grant of Certificate of eligibility for lottery business:
a. Written request for grant of Certificate of business eligibility of lottery company, in which clearly states types of product requesting for being permitted to business;
b. Opinions of owner about grant of Certificate of business eligibility;
c. Plan on organizing business operation of lottery company;
d. Decision to establish an enterprise (authenticated copy);
đ. Enterprise registration certificate (authenticated copy);
e. Operational charter of lottery companies that are approved by owners (copy);
g. The audited financial statement of lottery company in the last year.
To save time on researching procedures, filling out forms, notarizing, and waiting to submit documents, you can contact HT for consultation and assistance for Applying for a business license
Contact us at:
Phone: +84 935 439 454.