I. Conditions for establishing a foreign language center
Pursuant to Article 48 Consolidated Document No. 07/VBHN-BGDĐT in 2018
1. Conditions for foreign language centers to conduct educational activities
1. Having a team of managers, teachers, and staff who meet the prescribed standards, meeting the operational requirements of the center.
2. Having appropriate facilities, equipment, programs, teaching materials and funding sources, ensuring education quality according to the center’s construction and development plan and operation scale.
2. Center director is a person who meets the following criteria
Pursuant to Clause 2, Article 6 of Circular 21/2018/TT-BGDDT on Regulations on organization and operation of foreign language center
- Have a good family background;
- Have management capacity;
- Graduated from a foreign language university or graduated from a university with a foreign language certificate of at least level 3 according to the 6-level Foreign Language Competency Framework for Vietnam or equivalent (for directors of foreign language centers).
- Experience in the field of education and training.
II. Authority to establish foreign language centers
Pursuant to Article 47 Consolidation Document No. 07/VBHN-BGDĐT 2018. To establish a foreign language center, the authority belongs to:
- Directors of universities, institutes, principals of universities and colleges of pedagogy decide to establish foreign language centers on school grounds;
- Heads of social organizations, socio-professional organizations, economic organizations permitted by law to establish affiliated training centers have the authority to decide on affiliated foreign language centers;
- The Director of the Department of Education and Training decides to establish foreign language centers; permit the establishment of foreign language centers of universities, academies, universities, pedagogical colleges located outside the school premises, and foreign language centers for social organizations, socio-professional organizations, economic organizations permitted by law to establish affiliated training centers
III. Procedures to set up a foreign language center
Clause 20, Article 1 of Decree 135/2018/ND-CP and Clause 3, Article 47 of Decree 46/2017/ND-CP clearly state that the process of establishing a foreign language center includes the following steps:
- Step 1: Organizations or individuals send 01 set of standard documents directly or by post to the competent state agency.
- Step 2: Within 10 working days from the date of receipt of complete and valid dossiers, the agency competent to establish the foreign language center shall appraise and check according to regulations.
- Step 3: Within 05 working days, the person competent to decide on the establishment or permit the establishment of a foreign language center shall issue a decision to establish or authorize the establishment if all conditions are met; if the establishment has not been decided yet, a written notice shall be sent to the organization or individual, clearly stating the reason.
IV. The establishment of a foreign language center dossier
To set up a foreign language center, the following main documents are required:
- Proposal for the establishment of a foreign language center;
- The scheme for establishing a foreign language center includes the following contents: Name of the center, location of the center, the necessity and legal basis of the establishment of the center; the center’s goals and tasks; curriculum, training scale; the center’s facilities; organizational structure of the center, curriculum vitae of the person expected to be the center’s director;
- Draft regulations on the organization of activities of foreign language centers.
However, in reality, organizations and individuals wishing to establish a foreign language center need to prepare the following main documents:
1. For an organization that is an enterprise set up a foreign language center
- A certified copy of the business registration certificate (with the profession of teaching foreign languages);
- Notarized lease or loan agreement for the office where the center’s head office is located (at least 01 year from the time of application submission); Guaranteed area of 1.5m2 / 1 student). Area of 1 classroom 30m2;
- Certificate of fire prevention and fighting
- A copy of the certificate of ownership of the house and land where the center is headquartered;
- List of teaching teachers;
- List of central staff;
- Sign labor contracts with the Center Director, teachers and other staff;
- A written confirmation of the local government agreeing to open the center
2. For the director of a foreign language center
- Written certification of the educational institution’s working time in the field of education for at least 03 years or more in the position of educational consultant or teaching;
- A curriculum vitae with a 3×4 photo, certified by the People’s Committee of the ward where you live (Note that the working time in the resume must match the written confirmation of the working time);
- Certified copy of University Diploma in Foreign Languages or B1 Degree or other certificates
- Health certificate within the last 6 months;
- Certified copy of Identity Card;
3. For teachers and staff of foreign language centers
- For foreign language teachers, a minimum of 04 teachers is required (25 students/1 teacher/1 shift):
- Certified copy of college or university diploma in foreign language pedagogy (if you do not have a pedagogical major, you must have a professional certificate of pedagogy);
- Certified copy of ID card;
- Current place of work;
- Labor records (Resumes, Health Certificate, Job application)
4. For other staff in the language center
- Accountant: Certified copy of Diploma of relevant major and certified copy of ID card
- Counselors: Certified copies of university diplomas majoring in economics, commerce, foreign languages…; Certified copy of ID card;
- Treasurer: Certified copy of Diploma of relevant major; Certified copy of ID card
- Security: Certified copy of ID card; Labor records (Resumes, Health Certificate, Job application)
Note: All authentication documents must be valid within 6 months from the time of application submission.
5. Some other information to prepare:
- Full list of textbooks, documents and equipment for teaching, specifying which curriculum to use;
- Make a list of facilities: such as desks, chairs, tables, computers, projectors for teaching, fire protection equipment on each floor…. (enclosed with information on the monetary value of facilities for cost calculation);
- Expected salary for teachers (specifically by hour/month/session);
- Expected collection of tuition fees from students;
- Detailed content of the curriculum: lesson plan, test, final exam;
- Name of center, location of center, scale of training, organizational structure, area of rooms. The center’s name includes “foreign language center” and “own name”. The proper name of the center must not coincide with the proper name of the previously established center. Do not use words or symbols that violate the historical, cultural, ethical, and fine traditions of the Vietnamese nation.
In order to save time to find out the procedure, fill out the form, notarize, waiting for the application to be submitted, you can contact HTLaw for Opening a language center service.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: +84 935 439 454.