I. Legal grounds
- The Law On foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam 2014
- The Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Foreigners’ Entry in, Exit from, Transit through and Residence in Vietnam 2019
- Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA detailing the form of documents related to the entry, exit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
II. Process and procedures for Working Visa
- Working visa
A working visa is a document issued by a competent authority in Vietnam. Accordingly, this document is issued to foreigners working legally in Vietnam under the guarantee of a company.
Symbols are LD1 and LD2 visas, which are issued to the following subjects:
- LD1 – to be granted to foreigners who come to work in Vietnam with a work permit exemption certificate, unless otherwise provided for in international treaties to which Vietnam is a member.
- LD2 – to be granted to foreigners who must have a work permit in Vietnam to work.
- Duration of Working Visa
This type of visa for Vietnam is valid for 02 years at maximum. If the work permit is not valid for 02 years, the duration of the working visa for foreigners will be equal to the term of the work permit. However, in reality, a working visa is issued from 3 to 6 months.
- Required documents
- Enterprise Registration Certificate (ERC) or Investment Registration Certificate (IRC) or The Establishment License of Representative Office (notarized copy);
- Visa application form: Form
- A copy of the foreigner’s passport;
- Work permit (Visa LD2) or Exemption from work permit (Visa LD1) (notarized copy);
- Letter of authorization
- Sample letter of introduction of seal and signature: Form NA16.
- Procedures for applying for a Working Visa
Step 1: Apply for a visa on arrival (performed by HT)
- Prepare documents;
- Submission of documents: For companies with headquarters from Da Nang northwards, submit them to the Hanoi Immigration Department. For companies with offices from Quang Nam southwards, apply to the Immigration Department of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Processing time is about 5-7 working days after receiving complete and valid dossiers.
The Vietnam Immigration Department will issue a guarantee for the Immigration Official (original) and fax it to the Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate office in foreign countries where the customer has registered to receive a Business Visa.
Step 2: Receive visa (Client does)
According to the provisions of law, foreigners entering Vietnam under the guarantee of agencies or organizations are granted visas at one of the following locations:
- Airport border gate international upon entry;
- Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam in the country where the foreigners’ exit.
However, at present, foreigners can usually only receive visas at Vietnam’s Embassies/Consulates abroad.
Foreigners need to prepare the following documents:
- Approval to enter Vietnam (copy);
- Original passport;
- 02 photos (size 3*4cm, white background, no glasses, no hat);
- Information to fill out form NA1;
- Visa stamping fee;
- Other documents (if applicable).
Note: Each Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate in different countries may have other application and fee requirements, so foreigners must actively contact before receiving a visa.
To save time learning about the law, filling out forms, and submitting documents, you can contact HTLaw for consultation and legal services related to Labor Visa
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +84 935 439 454.