According to the latest regulations in Decree 152/2020 (effective from February 15, 2021), foreign workers who are married to Vietnamese and currently living in Vietnam fall under the following conditions: Foreign workers exempt from work permits.
However, there is a benefit, in this case, the foreign employer shall determine the demand for foreign workers and only has to carry out procedures for reporting the use of foreign workers to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs or the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs where the foreign worker is expected to work without having to apply for exempting from work permits.
HT would like to summarize the steps to be taken to help readers better understand this regulation.
Step 1: The procedure to determine the demand for foreign workers
Time: 07 working days
Place to apply: Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs where the foreign worker is expected to work
Step 2: Reporting the use of foreign workers to Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs
1. The report under Clause 2, Article 8 of Decree 152/2020/ND-CP includes the following information: full name, age, nationality, passport number, name of employer, starting date, and completion date;
2. A notarized copy of the passport of foreign worker;
3. A notarized copy of the enterprise registration certificate of company where the foreign worker is expected to work;
4. A notarized copy of marriage certificate;
5. Power of attorney (if any).
Please feel free to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number +84 935 439 454 if you need any further clarification. We look forward to long-term co-operation with you.