I. Conditions for enterprises to do business in alcohol wholesale business
- An enterprise established in accordance with the provisions of law.
- There should be a spirit wholesaling system within a province or central-affiliated city where the wholesaler’s headquarters is located with at least 01 spirit retailer. If the spirit wholesaler establishes a branch or business location besides its headquarters for the purpose of spirit sale, it is not required to ask for confirmation from the spirit retailer.
- Have a written referral or principle contract of a liquor trader, liquor distribution trader or other wholesale alcohol trader.
II. Rights and obligations of alcohol wholesale enterprises
- Buying and selling alcohol of legal origin;
- Post a valid copy of the license issued by the competent authority at the merchant’s liquor sales locations and may only buy and sell alcohol according to the contents stated in the issued license, except for the case of traders selling alcohol for on-site consumption;
- Implement the reporting regime and other obligations as prescribed by Decree 105/2017/ND-CP;
- Purchase alcohol from domestic alcohol producers or other alcohol distributors/wholesalers according to the contents stated in licenses;
- Sell alcohol to alcohol wholesalers/retailers or sellers of alcohol for on-premises consumption within provinces/central-affiliated cities that have been licensed;
- Sell alcohol to alcohol exporters;
- Directly retail spirits at traders’ licensed business locations within provinces or central-affiliated cities.
(Regulation Article 18, Decree 105/2017/ND-CP, Article 16, Decree 17/2020/ND-CP)
III. Registration dossiers for enterprises trading in alcohol wholesale lines
– Application for a wholesale liquor license according to Form No. 01 of Decree 105/2017/ND-CP
– A copy of the business registration certificate or document of equivalent legal validity.
– Documentation of the alcohol wholesale system is of one of two types:
- A copy of the principle contract, letter of confirmation or commitment to participate in the wholesale alcohol system with a copy of the wholesale liquor license of the trader who intends to participate in the wholesale alcohol system;
- A copy of the Certificate of operation registration of the branch of the enterprise or the Certificate of registration of the place of business of the enterprise for alcohol business.
– Documents relating to alcohol suppliers;
- Copies of introductory documents or principle contracts of domestic producers, distribution traders or other wholesale traders, stating the intended types of liquors for trading in accordance with the activities of the producing trader, distributor or other wholesale trader;
- Copies of liquor licenses, distribution licenses or wholesale liquor licenses of liquor suppliers.
The Department of Industry and Trade is the agency that issues alcohol wholesale licenses in provinces and central-affiliated cities.
Merchants apply in person or by post or online (if eligible to apply) to the licensing authority.
For wholesale liquor licenses:
Within 15 days from the day on which the valid application is received, the licensing authority shall consider processing and granting the license to the applicant. If the application is rejected, the licensing authority shall provide the applicant with a written explanation.
If the application is invalid, the licensing authority shall send a written request for additional documents to the applicant within 3 days from the day on which the application is received.
To save time learning about the law, filling out forms, and submitting documents, you can contact HTLaw for consultation and legal services related to Trading in alcohol wholesale lines.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: +84 935 439 454.