Temporary Residence Card Extension

TRC extension - htlaw

1. How many days in advance should we renew the Temporary Residence Card?

Foreigners or enterprises or organizations employing foreign employees shall submit an application for extension of their temporary residence card no later than the last day of the validity of the temporary residence card. However, to ensure the procedure, it is recommended to submit the extension application 5 to 10 working days before the expiration of the temporary residence card. 

2. Dossier for extension of temporary residence card for foreigners by company/organization guaranteeing foreigners.

    1. Application form for temporary residence card according to Form NA6, NA8 (01 original for each declaration)
    2. Original Passport/Visa/Old Temporary Residence Card
    3. 02 photos 2x3cm
    4. A declaration of temporary residence or confirmation of temporary residence issued by the commune or ward police station.
    5. Letter of introduction from the company/organization sending employees to carry out procedures for granting temporary residence card.

–  For Labor Temporary Residence Card: 01 notarized copy of the work permit or work permit exemption for the case of applying for a temporary residence card LD1, LD2

For Investment Temporary Residence Card:  01 notarized copy of the business registration/investment license and 01 notarized copy of the document proving the capital contribution to the company in Vietnam in case the investor applies for temporary residence cards DT1, DT2, DT3 

–  For Relative Temporary Residence Card: 01 translation into Vietnamese and notarized copies of documents proving the relationship such as Birth Certificate, Marriage Registration Certificate, Family Relationship Certificate, Household Registration…. for cases apply for a Relative Temporary Residende Card of a foreigner who is working at an enterprise/organization.

TRC extension - htlaw

3. Dossier for extension of temporary residence card for foreigners under the family visit program sponsored by Vietnamese people

    1. Application form for temporary residence card according to Forms NA7, NA8 (01 original for each declaration) 
    2. Original Passport/Visa/Old Temporary Residence Card
    3. 02 2x3cm photos (01 photo pasted on the NA8 declaration form)
    4. 01 Notarized copy or notarized translation of documents proving the relationship of relatives, spouses, parents, grandparents … (Birth certificate, Marriage registration certificate, Certificate of family relationship, Household registration … (Depending on the relationship, it is necessary to provide appropriate documents).

4. Temporary Residence Extension Application Procedure

-Immigration Department Southern Office: No. 333 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (Submitted to all businesses, companies and individuals in the Southern provinces, Central Highlands, South Central Coast)

– Immigration Department of Ho Chi Minh City Police: No. 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City (Receiving documents for companies based in the city or individuals sponsoring foreigners with permanent or temporary residence in the city).

– The processing of applications for temporary residence cards will be conducted by the Immigration Office within 5 working days as prescribed.

– Applicants for temporary residence cards will receive results directly at the Immigration Department.

In order to save time to find out the procedure, fill out the form, notarize, waiting for the application to be submitted, you can contact HT for advise and support for the Temporary Residence Card Exrension.

Contact us

    • Email:
    • Phone number: +84 935 439 454.