Work permit (working permit) or more precisely, a work permit for foreigners to work in Vietnam. This is a type of document issued by a competent authority in Vietnam to foreign workers when they meet certain conditions as prescribed by law.
Foreign workers who are granted work permits are considered to work legally and have their legitimate rights and interests protected in labor relations.
A work permit is also one of the necessary documents for employees to carry out procedures related to immigration and temporary residence.
Violations of the law on work permits can be administratively sanctioned.
2. How many types of work permits are there?
Current types of work permits include:
- Work permits for foreigners to work in Vietnam in the form of labor contracts.
- Work permit for foreigners to work in Vietnam in the form of intra-company transfer with a commercial presence in Vietnam
- Work permits for foreigners to work in Vietnam in the form of performing various economic, commercial, financial, banking, insurance, scientific and technical, cultural, sports, educational contracts education, healthcare, contract service providers.
- Work permits for foreigners to work in Vietnam in the form of representatives of foreign non-governmental organizations permitted to operate in accordance with Vietnamese law.
Above are the types of work permits according to the current regulations of the Vietnamese state. Workers need to understand the different types of work permits in order to apply for the right type of permit.
3. Dossier to apply for a Work Permit
A written request for a work permit for a foreign worker.
A health certificate or medical examination certificate issued by a competent foreign or Vietnamese medical agency or organization is valid for 12 months from the date of signing the health conclusion to the date of submission of the application.
Judicial record card or document certifying that the foreign worker is not a criminal or is being examined for penal liability by a foreign country. The LLTP card or the document certifying that the foreign worker is not a criminal or is being examined for penal liability shall be issued within 06 months from the date of issue to the date of application submission.
Written approval of the need to employ foreign workers.
Proof of being a manager, executive officer, specialist, or technical worker.
02 color photos (size 4cm x 6cm, white background, straight face, bare head, not wearing colored glasses), photos were taken within 06 months from the date of application.
A certified true copy of passport or valid document in lieu of passport or valid international travel document.
4. The order of execution
Step 1. Register the need to use foreign workers
At least 30 days before the expected date of employment of foreign workers, the employer needs to register the need to employ foreign workers.
- Dossier for implementation: A written explanation of the need to employ foreign workers.
- Estimated lead time: 10 working days.
Step 2. Apply for a Work Permit
At least 15 working days before the date the foreign worker is expected to start working for the employer, the employer must submit an application for a work permit.
- Estimated implementation time: 05 working days.
In order to save time to learn the procedures, fill out the form, translate, notarize, and wait for the application to be submitted, you can contact HT for Work permit services.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: +84 935 439 454.