Four types of documents to prepare when applying for visas to go abroad

To help you less confused when applying for a visa to go abroad, HT would like to summarize 4 main types of documents that need to be prepared to apply for a visa. However, depending on the country, the prepared documents will be different, may be simpler, may be more complicated, can be submitted online or in hard copy, use fingerprints or an interview.
To make your trip abroad easier and faster, HT has visa services for the US, Canada, Europe, UK, and Australia. Please contact HT for more detailed advice!

1. Personal Documents when applying for a foreign tourist visa

    • Passport valid for 6 months from departure date and still have a blank page for visa stamp
    • 02 photos size 3.5*4.5. Note that the photos must be wearing a shirt with a collar and exposing the ears
    • Identity card for people over 14 years old and copy of birth certificate for children under 14 years old (copy, notarized).
    • Household book (copy, notarized all pages).
    • Certificate of marital status, marriage certificate or divorce certificate (copy, notarized).

      Depending on the purpose of the visa, the Embassy or Consulate may require you to prepare additional documents. For example, if you want to apply for a family visit visa to Canada, you will need to submit additional documents confirming your relationship with the person in Canada; Original invitation letter, confirmation of family relationship, photocopy of Canadian passport, 2-sided copy of the inviter’s residence card).

2. Work Proving Documents when applying for a foreign tourist visa

If you are an employee working for a business or organization, you will need to prepare:

    • Labor contract (if working as a private agency) or a decision on appointment of a position (if working as a state agency)
    • Salary slip for the last 3 months
    • Leave application form (original, stating the country to travel)

If the visa applicant is still a student, the Embassy/Consulate will require:

    • Student ID card and confirmation of being a student confirmed by the school
    • Application for leave of absence from school

If Bussiness Owner

    • Business registration license with the owner name on it.

With some more “fastidious” countries, business owners will need to prepare additional supporting documents. For example, if you are applying for an Australian tourist visa as a business owner, you will need to submit a Tax Return for the last 3 months.

3. Financial proof when applying for a foreign tourist visa

When making visas for Vietnamese people, countries with strong financial backgrounds want documents with stable economic and financial conditions to avoid illegal immigration. There are 3 most common types of documents proving financial ability:

    • Bank Book

The Embassy/Consulate not only needs you to have a large amount of money in your savings book, but also wants to be proven that it is a legal amount with a clear accumulated origin.

    • Bank account statement with balance above the specified amount

(Depending on the requirements of each country you need to apply for a visa. For example, the application for a visa to France will require an account balance of more than 15000$)

    • Certificate of right to use and own valuable assets such as Cars, Real Estate. This will be a factor to help your visa pass rate increase

4. Proof of travel plans when applying for a visa to go abroad

Your foreign tourist visa procedure will need to prepare additional documents verifying your journey. For example: Confirmation of hotel reservation, air ticket; itinerary and trip insurance (if necessary); Travel insurance meets the standards set by a number of countries.

In order to save time to find out the procedure, fill out the form, notarize, waiting for the application to be submitted, you can contact HT for advise and support for the Abroad Visa application.

Contact us

    • Email:
    • Phone number: +84 935 439 454.