1. Cases of re-issuance of work permits
According to the provisions of Article 12, Decree 152/2020/ND-CP, the following 3 subjects will be considered for re-issuance of work permits:
- Foreign workers whose valid work permits are lost;
- The foreign worker has a damaged work permit, or
- Foreign workers change their last name and name, nationality, passport number, and working location stated in the valid work permit.
Note: Previously, the work permit was valid for at least 5 days but not more than 45 days. But according to the provisions of Decree 152/2020/ND-CP effective from 15/02/2021, this case is subject to a work permit extension. Foreign workers whose valid work permits are lost,
2. Dossier for re-issuance of work permit
To apply for a work permit re-issuance, the employer and the foreign worker will have to prepare the following documents:
- Sample of the employer’s written request for re-issuance of a work permit according to regulations, Form No. 11/PLI (Original)
- 02 color photos 4cm x 6cm, white background, taken within 06 months from the date of application submission
- Written approval of the need to employ foreign workers, except for cases where the need to employ foreign workers is not required (original or notarized copy)
- Expired work permit. In case the work permit is lost, it must be certified by the commune-level police office where the foreigner resides (original or notarized copy); or a foreign competent authority as prescribed by law (consular legalization and notarized translation into Vietnamese, unless exempted from consular legalization);
- Papers proving the change in the contents of the work permit (original or notarized copy if it is a Vietnamese document, a consular legalization copy and notarized translation into Vietnamese if it is issued by a foreign country unless exempt from consular legalization).
3. Procedures for re-issuance of a work permit
Procedures for re-issuance of work permits for foreigners include 4 specific steps as follows:
Step 1: Notify the employer
After discovering the loss of a work permit, a damaged work permit, or a change in information about full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue date, and working location compared to the original document. If the work permit is in use, the employee must report to the employer as well as perform other necessary work, for example, obtain a confirmation from the competent authority in case of loss of the work permit. .
Step 2: Prepare the application for re-issuance of the work permit
In this step, the employer and the employee will prepare a full set of 4 types of documents mentioned in the above profile section.
Step 3. Submit an application for re-issuance of work permit for foreigners
The application for re-issuance of a work permit will be submitted to the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs or the provincial Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs that issued the lost, damaged, or altered work permit information.
Step 4. Get Result
The employer will receive a re-issued work permit or a written refusal to re-issue it with reasons within 03 working days from the date of receipt of a complete dossier of application for a work permit re-issuance.
Above is the entire procedure for re-granting a work permit for foreign workers in Vietnam.
4. Term of work permit re-issuance
The term of the re-issued work permit is equal to the term of the issued work permit minus the time the foreign worker has worked up to the time of applying for the re-issuance of the work permit. This is clearly stated in Article 15 of Decree 152/2020/ND-CP.
In order to save time to learn the procedures, fill out the form, translate, notarize, and wait for the application to be submitted, you can contact HT for Re-issuance of work permits services.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +84 935 439 454.